Please Read These Instructions Completely Before Starting To Fit Your Window Film.
- Prepare the glass surface by cleaning thoroughly with soapy water and remove any dried on dirt or paint with a scraper blade.
- Protect carpet, furniture or other areas from water that will be used during the fitting process.
- Cut film into desired size leaving around 50 mm (2”) around edge.
- Fill a spray bottle with water and add a couple of drops of good quality washing up liquid (mix slowly to reduce bubbles).
- Spray the cleaned glass area generously and evenly with the water solution.
- Make a start separating the backing from the film in one corner – use two small pieces of sticky tape on either side and gently pull apart the corner.
- The ideal way to remove the whole of the backing from the film is to spray water on to an adjoining glass area and place film backwards against the glass (at this stage, back to front to the glass) where it will stick temporarily whilst you peel the film away from the backing. Otherwise lay the film on a clean surface or ask a second person to hold the film whilst you remove the backing, taking care not to touch the adhesive side of the film as this would leave fingerprints.
- IMPORTANT: As you work peeling the film away from the backing, saturate the exposed adhesive side of the film with the water solution. This is so that it does not stick to itself – any creasing damage at this stage cannot be rectified and the crease will remain on the film.
- Carefully remove all of the backing paper, spraying the adhesive surface as you go.
- Place the film on the prepared wet glass area (adhesive side to glass) and gently move into place.
- With your fingers, gently push the film into the edges and corners until in desired position.
- Spray water on to the outside surface of the film – this protects the film from stretching or being scratched. Carefully, with the applicator (squeegee), start to ease the water out from under the film working from the centre to the outside edges.
- Work over the whole area and then, using a metal ruler or the edge of the applicator as a guide, take a sharp scalpel or craft knife and trim away the excess film from the sides – leaving a small gap of 2mm between the film and the window frame to allow water to get out and for glass to expand and contract.
- Work over the whole area again, continuing to spray the surface of the film as you work the water and bubbles out from underneath the film. Wrap a piece of kitchen roll around the applicator as you do it to soak water up from the edges making sure edges are stuck firmly.
- Finally, clean over with lint free cloth and shine. Any small bubbles should dry out over a three week period. When fully dry its appearance will improve and the small water bubbles will disappear.
AFTERCARE – Window film can be cleaned with a soft, lint-free, non-abrasive cloth and soapy water. You may also use a squeegee to clean the films. Abrasive products, which would scratch or damage the film, should not be used.
Popular Window Films
Find the right Window Film for you:
Conservatory Window Films, Frosted Window Film, Privacy Window Film, Security Window FilmTo help you fit your window film you can choose our cut to size option. Measure each of your windows and input the sizes below. Add the quantity of each size. You will see the 'cut to size' price automatically quoted for you. Add each different size to your basket and order in the normal way. When we receive your order, we will cut to your requirements, label and send to you for ease of fitting. Or buy per metre. Download How to Fit PDF herefrom £10.00
Conservatory Window Films, Privacy Window Film, Security Window Film, Solar Control Window Films
Special Offer 15% off ends Saturday 30 September 2017
Privacy Solutions Heat Reduction - Sun Control Silver Window Film 76 cm(30") or 152 cm (60") widthOne of a variety of ways to achieve Sun Control Silver Privacy using Window Film both in the home and in commercial properties. Sun Control Mirror Window Film is the most reflective and also gives excellent one way vision in daylight to prevent prying, making it a stylish choice for both residential and commercial buildings.
Conservatory Window Films, Frosted Window Film, Privacy Window Film, Solar Control Window Films, Tinted Window Films
Conservatory Too Hot ?Solar/Heat/Glare Control Window Film 76cm or 152cm widths The Cost Effective Alternative to Roof Blinds Or cut to size How to Fit Suncool to Polycarbonate Roof How to Fit Suncool to a Glass Roof
Conservatory Window Films, Frosted Window Film, Privacy Window Film, Security Window Film
Privacy Frosted Window Film 76 cm (30") or 152 cm (60") widthsOne of a variety of ways to achieve privacy using Frosted window film both in the home and in commercial properties. Frosted Privacy Window Films are translucent; they provide an effective 24 hour privacy barrier whilst allowing light to pass through - ideal in residential properties where you are overlooked and in commercial or retail premises to form partitions and barriers or to hide areas from view (also increasing safety of existing glass partitions or barriers). Or cut to size. Download How to Fit PDF here
Supply only, or supply & fit?
We offer either supply only with free delivery over £50, or we can supply and fit your window film for you.